Friday 27 February 2015

The best made plans... And an early arrival...

You will see on my previous post my plans for maternity leave (I was supposed to post it over a week ago, however I think it shows even more the surprise of our early arrival). My 3 weeks to plan, prepare, clean and organise everything before babies arrival.

And you know what they say about the best made plans...

Our little boy came 2 weeks and 2 days early on Valentines day. Roman Valentino, was born at 11.07am and weighed 6lb7oz. And yes I am bias, but WOW he is gorgeous.

After being told so many times, your first is always late, for my waters to break at 1.30am on 14th Feb (at 37weeks +5) really did come as a bit of a shock.
My labour was was relatively quick, in hospital at 3.30am (1cm dilated) ready to push (10cm) by 9.30am. At the point of pushing it was decided that his heart rate was dropping and we would have to go to theatre for a forceps delivery and spinal block. The midwives and doctors were so reassuring acting so quickly yet in what seemed to be a very controlled and calm manner, that although looking back it was quick dramatic at the time we felt very well looked after and not over panicked.
At 11.07am after only a few pushes in theatre our baby was born and we found out we had a little boy. You do always wonder what that feeling would be like once he was born and truly the only way I can describe it is to say I was completely and utterly overwhelmed!

After a week long precautionary stay in hospital we are finally home. And couldn't be happier.

The making of a mummy truly begins... 




A few hours before on our pre Valentines Date
Roman



And 7 days later we were home...
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment